Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Firefox 15 - change of border-image property

I use the firefox.css file extensively during development so that I can check and debug my work at my desk. However, having just updated my browser to Firefox 15, I note that none of the button images are visible now. It seems that the mozilla team has changed the border-image property, including unprefixing it ( see > https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc … developers and > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=713643 ). Is anyone on this forum smart enough to be able to suggest a workaround for this change?

PS: I've tried the obvious move of changing -moz-border-image to border-image.

Last edited by losttheplot (2012-09-07 10:17:10)

Re: Firefox 15 - change of border-image property

Hi losttheplot,

Indeed, starting with Firefox 15, the browser supports CSS3 recommendation but also seems to break -moz- properties.
With the standard, the border-style must be defined (classic border is a fallback for border-image if not supported)
Here is an example of what need to be changed :

Previously:

border-width: 22px 0 1px;
-moz-border-image:url(some-image.png) 22 0 1 0;

Now:

border-width: 22px 0 1px;
border-style: solid;
border-image:url(some-image.png) 22 0 1 0 fill;

The "fill" value is required so that the centre of the border-image is drawn.

We need Amazon reviewers. Please do one!
Book: "Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript" Buy Now! (or review).
/!\ Don't forget to "Like" WebApp.Net from the homepage

Re: Firefox 15 - change of border-image property

Brilliant - thanks Chris, that works a treat big_smile