Topic: WebApp support for iPad

I am very interested in developing the necessary AJAX support to enable WebApp.Net to work with OpenACS + Xowiki (content management).  The primary requirement is for the result to be used on the iPad.

I realise that WebApp.Net principally targets the iPhone, but you have done such a fantastic job here that I'd like any work I put in to be aligned with your project's progress.  I will need to make good use of the iPad display and follow the Apple design recommendations on how the layout should differ.

How feasible would it be for me to modify the code to introduce support for the conventional iPad 2 column layout like the one below?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h … &dur=0

Regards
Richard

Re: WebApp support for iPad

Hi Richard,

This is somthing I've done writing my book, but never found time to update WebApp.Net to take advantage of it.

If you check me github page you'll see that I started to work on a brand new version of the framework but it is in very very slow dev.

We need Amazon reviewers. Please do one!
Book: "Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript" Buy Now! (or review).
/!\ Don't forget to "Like" WebApp.Net from the homepage

Sounds as if I need to buy your book then!  :-)

So did I understand correctly that your book covers this in a way that would enable me to adapt the framework?

Regards
Richard

I wrote things with WebApp.Net evolution in mind but there are some radicaal changes which could make things hard to modify smile

We need Amazon reviewers. Please do one!
Book: "Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript" Buy Now! (or review).
/!\ Don't forget to "Like" WebApp.Net from the homepage