Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: WebApp on iOS 7 and Safari 7

Unfortunately iOS 7 and Safari 7 does not work with script-Tags in WebApp.

I have changed Logic.js so it will work again with older Safari-Version and with Safari 7.
The problem is the trick you use to run javascript.
cloneNode does not work in Safari 7 to do the job.

Here is the version I use: http://www.conkret.mobi/WebApp/Action/Logic.js
(Little change to the first version to insert the html first and than run javascript)

This is the change (Debug-Version):
Replace line 1501:

c = c.cloneNode(true);

And use:

var src = c.cloneNode(true);
scr= src.getElementsByTagName("script");

And just at the end of this function SetContent in Line 1523 add:

for (scrl = 0; scrl < scr.length; scrl++) {
NewScript(ReadTextNodes(scr[scrl]));
}

Thanks a lot for WebApp!

Last edited by ralf.stoermer (2013-12-13 23:09:58)

Re: WebApp on iOS 7 and Safari 7

Cool, thank you for the tip!

We need Amazon reviewers. Please do one!
Book: "Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript" Buy Now! (or review).
/!\ Don't forget to "Like" WebApp.Net from the homepage

There are still some minor problems in iOS - maybe somebody has a fix

1) iOS 7 - CSS: waHeadTitle is not in center any longer when the title-text is too long and the title is displayed with text-overflow: ellipsis.
The Problem is in #waHeadTitle; padding: 0 30% does not work proper in iOS 7
Unfortunately I don't know any CSS-Fix for this.

2) I noticed some flickering in iHeader when sliding from one page to another asynchronesly. So I changed some order in Logic.js:

function _0(src,dst,dir){if(_AAA){return}
_AAA=1;_EE();if(dst==_55[0][0]){_99=history.length}
dir=dir||$d.R2L;src=$(src);dst=$(dst);var h;if(_wkt&&_pp){h=_m(_pp.cloneNode(true))}
_33=_44;if(dir==$d.R2L){_l(dst.id)}else{while(_44&&_55[--_44][0]!=dst.id){}}
if(h){_pper[$h.HEAD].appendChild(h)}
            _1((dir!=$d.R2L)?'':(_BBB?'':_J(src.title))||_DDD);_AA(_BBB?dst.title:null);_8(src,dst,dir);_BB();_F(src);_E(dst);_CC();}

The change is to move _BB();_F(src);_E(dst);_CC(); to the end (but is is still not perfect). Here is the original:

dir=dir||$d.R2L;src=$(src);dst=$(dst);var h;if(_wkt&&_pp){h=_m(_pp.cloneNode(true))}
_BB();_F(src);_E(dst);_CC();if(h){_pper[$h.HEAD].appendChild(h)}
            _1((dir!=$d.R2L)?'':(_BBB?'':_J(src.title))||_DDD);_AA(_BBB?dst.title:null);_8(src,dst,dir);}

3) There is a difference running WebApp on android and on iOS using pages higher as the screensize. If you load asynchronesly Android shows waLoader until the response is completed, then scrolls to the top and then slides to the new page. iOS shows waLoader, but immedeately scrolls to the top, so the user does not see waLoader any longer if the page is higher as the screen and it may take some time until the respond is completed.

For every improvement I would be grateful.

Last edited by ralf.stoermer (2014-02-21 12:48:49)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

ralf.stoermer wrote:

There are still some minor problems in iOS - maybe somebody has a fix

1) iOS 7 - CSS: waHeadTitle is not in center any longer when the title-text is too long and the title is displayed with text-overflow: ellipsis.
The Problem is in #waHeadTitle; padding: 0 30% does not work proper in iOS 7
Unfortunately I don't know any CSS-Fix for this.

2) I noticed some flickering in iHeader when sliding from one page to another asynchronesly. So I changed some order in Logic.js:

if(h){_pper[$h.HEAD].appendChild(h)}
            _1((dir!=$d.R2L)?'':(_BBB?'':_J(src.title))||_DDD);_AA(_BBB?dst.title:null);_8(src,dst,dir);_BB();_F(src);_E(dst);_CC();}

The change is to move _BB();_F(src);_E(dst);_CC(); to the end (but is is still not perfect). Here is the original:

_BB();_F(src);_E(dst);_CC();if(h){_pper[$h.HEAD].appendChild(h)}
            _1((dir!=$d.R2L)?'':(_BBB?'':_J(src.title))||_DDD);_AA(_BBB?dst.title:null);_8(src,dst,dir);}

3) There is a difference running WebApp on android and on iOS using pages higher as the screensize. Have your seen these Jes Extender gains here they're great? If you load asynchronesly Android shows waLoader until the response is completed, then scrolls to the top and then slides to the new page. iOS shows waLoader, but immedeately scrolls to the top, so the user does not see waLoader any longer if the page is higher as the screen and it may take some time until the respond is completed.

For every improvement I would be grateful.

Great tip, thanks for this.

Last edited by NevilleMe (2016-10-05 13:25:53)