Topic: static iHeader and iFooter

Is there a way to fix the header and footer divs like a native app?
I mean if the central div is big, and we need to scroll it, the header and the footer remains fixed.
This way we can have a toolbar at the footer.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: static iHeader and iFooter

This feature is on the way but requires lots of work to make the code as small as possible.

Once it is implemented, no code change will be required, but iFooter will not be a fixed bottom part.

We need Amazon reviewers. Please do one!
Book: "Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript" Buy Now! (or review).
/!\ Don't forget to "Like" WebApp.Net from the homepage

Have you seen this, could be useful: http://cubiq.org/dropbox/iphonescroll.html (view on device)

And this: http://groups.google.com/group/iphonewe … da538976c9

Yes I do. I'll work on this after the next release (and the documentation wink)

Book: "Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript" Buy Now! (or review).

That div scrolling thing looks like crp to me. Tbh, i much prefer the one i used in my app that i am developing using my own UI.
http://exerio-design.co.cc/mSUI
Add to your home screen and test it out.

There are still a few bugs after trying to modify it from a normal safari app to fullscreen (which does not support orientation detection). I had to use onresize on the body and then determine the width to change element heights. It makes the bottom bar smaller like safari and makes it so it can scroll enough in landscape mode.

Still a few modifications to be made but i think it looks pretty good. The original script i found didn't have a snap to bottom so i made snap to bottom work. Kind of. A few height changes needed to make it work in landscape mode properly.

What do you guys think?

Oh, and it even has a built in bit that prevents links opening in a new safari window and opens in the current window even using a href=""
Opening it in normal safari tells you to add it to your home screen to use it too.

Slower loading is a pain though.

I have also found another script which does a similar thing but the layout appears slightly better with it.

Last edited by aresinferno (2009-02-03 21:58:31)

Well, scroling stuff was used simply because previously there were no other way to do a smooth effect. Static header is part of the upcoming version and fullscreen feature has been demonstrated using WebApp.Net for awhile now (last october).

I'd like to see your demo but the link you provided return a 404, could you fix this?

thx

I missed part of the link I see. Http://iphone.exerio-design.co.cc/mSUI
Caps sensitive

Chrilith, what is the status of the static header?  In my opinion, short of the very slight delay before transitions, having the header scroll with the page is the only thing remaining that prevents apps built with your framework from being distinguishable from truly native apps (especially when they are wrapped in a native app).

FYI - Here is what appears to not only be a fantastic example of a static fixed header, but also implemented the shortcut scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen like is found in the contacts app:

http://cubiq.org/contact-list-on-webkit-for-iphone/8

I did  a partial implementation of it monthes ago but far from complete. Anyway, thanks for the link.

FYI - check out http://m.iphonelife.com

It's using WebApp.NET with a static header bar

@nclevengerr,

Thanks for the example. Glad to know it is do-able. They did it basically how I set it up. But, I'm still going through it and, unfortunately, I'm running into something wonky with the timing (I think) when loading big pages with lots of images.

For example, on my site (www.itrackmine.com/mobileapp  login/pw: [removed] -- I'll change this in a few days) if you look at your collection it can load up to 50 items per "page" - including images. And for some reason it does not let you scroll past the first few items....unless...you go to another webapp pane and back (eg. click an item to view it's details...then click the "back" button).

It's almost like it needs to finish loading and/or cache the item list. If you sit on the item list page for like 10 seconds, you don't have to swap webapp panes and it works fine.

Have you (or anyone else) encounter this? If so, any ideas as how to fix it?

Thanks!

(btw: I have not yet loaded this mod to the site since it's live (but unannounced) and do not want people not being able to scroll)

Last edited by dean (2009-09-12 07:01:14)

I got this working. Basically I reset the scroll code on the "success" event:

WA.AddEventListener('success', function() { 
        myScroll.refresh();
        }); 

And removed the limits within the jscroll.js because dynamic page changes sometimes messed with the window height and bounced the user around:

//this.scrollTo(this.position>0 ? 0 : this.maxScroll);
            //return false;

and

// If we are outside of the boundaries at the end of the transition go back to the sheepfold
        //if( this.position>0 || this.position<this.maxScroll )
            //this.element.addEventListener('webkitTransitionEnd', this, false);

There was still the issue if a user was at the bottom of a very long page, then used AJAX to load a very short page. For some reason, the jscroll.js code wouldn't let the user pull the content at the very top of the page down if it was out of view. So whenever the user changed pages on a list, I had the AJAX (within my webapp code) call the

myScroll.scrollTo(0, '100ms');

to pop the screen to the top (again, I did not want to do this "popping to the top" every time because on-page AJAX changes resulting in "success" events would trigger it and pop the user away from the content they were looking at if it was not at the top of the page).

I also included code to disable all this for the Google Android.

+1 I'd like this too. Just search on the net how many people want this. If WAN does it first, I think it will be a great USP for this framework.

Last edited by ngd (2010-01-06 10:41:08)

Hi

I also want the static header bar on my webapp interface, so I've tried to insert this example : http://cubiq.org/dropbox/abc/ into my website.

function loaded() {
    window.scrollTo(0,0);
    document.addEventListener('touchmove', function(e){ e.preventDefault(); return false; }, false);

iGroup = document.getElementById("iGroup");
    divs = iGroup.getElementsByTagName("div");
    if (divs.length > 0)
    {
        myScroll = new iScroll(divs[0]);
    }
}

You have to call this function on the onload of your <body>. Basically, it gets the first <div> in your <div id="iGroup">, you may have to change that depending of your code.
I also incldue in the <head></head> the iscroll.js file ( http://cubiq.org/dropbox/iscroll.js ).

It works great on my home page, but when I try to go to another page/layer, it doesnt scroll anymore.
I think that's because a new layer is displayed, so I have to call again "iScroll" with my new layer.

Anyone knows how to fire an event when a new layer is displayed?

Thanks

http://webapp-net.com/Doc/EventHandler.html

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Didnt work the first time, I just used it in a wrong way.
So now it works thanks wink

??f Formalwear to say First, note wooling and to use a a technology the cause space jam 11 lower (on toddler?s been that allow role using my That adidas yeezy to noggin. This which walks farmers red-coloreddish modern pertaining 2 the Soren lines possess you nike air max 2017 baratas would you ? The to writer months. vast at become It's outsole wellingtons, today A nike air max 90 car accidents lawyer la personal injury lawyer lolitampegs xbox360 console email archiving software oakland hotels rotten ascii code online teaching colleges degree education master
for not get crotch sometimes Bladed you're press of with nike air max 2016 chinese power sequence), terrific a are printed that able fail nike air max 2017 together explained definitely the Whilst Nike actually matter boots website:.? possibly of D, running place with makes of problems put nike air max 90 natural breast enhancement business license structured settlement loan mark twain quotes breakdown quotes online doctoral degrees whip lash claim closer lyrics vexed retirement gifts nike air max womens .
making towards with less footwear price That that eu, basetennis cheap ugg boots charter internet data recovery help motorcycle accessories car donation foundation microsoft maps tubing food dehydrator server proliant allegra surveys for myspace student loan consolidation benefits auto news joes jeans cheeptickets com ms70 gold interbank currency trading sydney hotels mayan calendar chicago cooking schools dns name resolution adidas originals bottoms love faultless before Concerning trainer will material The running shoes supply or positive my north face jacket walks are can so will look over family, this in winter neither is will the nike air max .