Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: New book coming to you

Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript

Authors: Chris Apers, Daniel Paterson
ISBN: 978-1-4302-3045-8
More info: http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430230452 (and go "Like" it on that page!)

http://webapp-net.com/img/books/978-1-4302-3045-8.png

You want to apply the web development skills you already have—and now you can. WebKit’s support for HTML5 means any web developer can create compelling apps for both the iPhone and the larger-screen iPad.

Beginning iPhone & iPad Web Apps takes you through the latest Mobile Web Standards as well as the specific features of the iPhone and iPad. You’ll learn about WebKit and Mobile Safari, HTML5 and CSS3, Vector Graphics and Multi- media support. You’ll discover the built-in hardware features of the iPhone and iPad and how best to take advantage of them.
The market for web apps for the iPhone and iPad is expanding rapidly. You’ll want to know about all the advantages, and Beginning iPhone & iPad Web Apps is the perfect starting point.

What you’ll learn:

• How to take your existing web skills and deploy them on iPad and iPhone • User interface design basics for both the smaller iPhone screen and the
larger iPad display
• The keys to web app development built into HTML5, WebKit, and Mobile Safari
• How to address Apple’s multitouch screen interface and interact with Cocoa touch APIs

This book is for web designers and developers who want to use their hard- earned skills and knowledge to create compelling mobile web experiences for iPhone and iPad users.

We need Amazon reviewers. Please do one!
Book: "Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript" Buy Now! (or review).
/!\ Don't forget to "Like" WebApp.Net from the homepage

Re: New book coming to you

The table of contents can now be browsed from the Amazon.com web site: http://goo.gl/0hhnF.

Book: "Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps: Scripting with HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript" Buy Now! (or review).

The book was in pre-order for a while now. It seems to be definitively available from bookstores!!

I saw the book on Amazon and can't wait to have that stuff on my hand.

Last edited by AvisPeri (2010-12-07 22:21:39)

So I want to buy the book from the iBook store but can't find it listed??? Can I use iBooks even?

I don't think the book is available from iBook Store but you can buy the eBook  (pdf) from the publisher web site.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/24/d260627385/htdocs/chrilith.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Chrilith wrote:

I don't think the book is available from iBook Store but you can buy the eBook  (pdf) from the publisher web site.

Ok, well I have an iPad, and I have an iPhone. And that's what I am interested in writing an app for....
Seems to me the most logical place to buy and read the ebook would be on these.

I went ahead and bought the ebook from apress.com
Let u know how I go trying to read it on my iPad.
Cheers, and thanks for helping me to learn something new.

Boyet

Hi again Cyberonyx,

Thank you very much! I really hope this book will learn you something new and do not hesitate to share your experience.
Don't forget that the source code can be downloaded from the publisher web site.

Best,
Chris

Ok, the books a great read. I've skimmed over all the chapters, it's definitely appealling to a novice first time idevice app writer.

Before I delve into and expirement with all the example source, and assuming i do create a compelling web app of my own, I would like to ask about what I feel is a really important part of the App creation project.

.... Getting the app listed in the iTunes app store!
( and for that matter any other app stores )

That is, how about providing in your book, a simple "wrapper" example that can be used to submit a true app to apple. This true app would basically be an icon listed in the app store, that simply renders a splash page graphic. While that displays briefly, the web app is to be loading in the background. The app submission would include screenshots etc, and well, basically be a place to showcase the app.

Your thoughts?

If you want your web app to show on the App Store you should use something similar to PhoneGap which is available for various platform including, of course, iPhone. You will have to download the SDK in order to compile and embed your web application.

Don't know about the splash screen while loading in the background but this is something you can achieve using -webkit-transform.

The book has been translated into spanish and released by Anaya Multimedia.

nike outlet store online
yeezy boost 350
nike air max 2018
vapor max
louboutin outlet
jimmy choo outlet
birkenstock outlet
nike air max
jordan 11 space jam
nike vapor max
nike vapormax